Nobody would ever say that they don’t like Maggi. For those who have spent a considerable number of years away from home in PG’s, hostels, or rented apartments – Maggi is like pseudo-religion to them. I am one of them and this is the first thing that I ever cooked and that too asking mom the process of it. From a naïve visitor to the kitchen to an experienced one – Maggi boosted the confidence in cooking. Many of you would agree to this because, like me, you all have also tried and tested various types of easy to make Maggi recipes.
So, here are my favorites!
Cheesy Mix Veg Maggi
This is one of the simplest and yummiest easy to make Maggi recipes. You can have at any time of the day. This Maggi recipe is one of those which everyone must have tried in their kitchen. Loaded with the goodness of vegetables, this Maggi is fulfilling and can thus be a great option for your lunch or dinner menu.
Ingredients: All the vegetables of your choice can be put in here but here are what I put in my recipe.
Onion – one medium sized onion chopped in longitudinal manner; Tomato – one small chopped in longitudinal manner; Frozen peas – a handful; Cabbage – about 2 spoons very thin and fine longitudinal slices; Carrot – about 2 spoons cut in small pieces; Finely chopped Garlic: 1 spoon; Cumin seeds: ½ spoon; Salt – As per taste; Oregano: As per taste; Chopped Green Chili: ½ spoon; Chicken Masala: ½ teaspoon; Oil – 2-3 tsp, 1 Maggi Packet.
How to Make:
- Firstly, arrange all the veggies as per list and cut them as directed.
- Put oil in a wok or pan and first put the cumin seeds & wait for it to splutter.
- Go ahead with onion slices followed by garlic and green chilies.
- Remember, the idea is not to deep fry them but simply to soften the veggies.
- Now put cabbage and carrots and sprinkle some salt in this stage.
- Let these veggies cook and cover the lid and leave for 5-7 minutes keeping the flame on medium to low.
- Check if the veggies have softened or not and once softened put some chicken masala in it.
- Let the veggies soak chicken masala well and then put off the gas and go for the next step.
- Put 2 cups of water and bring it to boil and now put 1 packet of Maggi in it and don’t let it sit in the water for more than 3 minutes.
- Sieve the Maggi now and spread on a plate to cool down a bit.
- Once cooled, sprinkle the Maggi Masala on it and mix it well with your hands.
- Be careful not to break the Maggi strings.
- Now go back to the veggies. Simply put the Maggi mixed with Masala in your mix vegetable fry. In this stage put the frozen peas and adjust the salt. Once Maggi and veggies are mixed properly, grate some cheese on it and cover for 2 minutes so that the cheese melts.
- Put sprinkle oregano and enjoy the cheesy mix veg Maggi with your cup of coffee or tea!
Simple, easy, and healthy, you can have this Maggi boiled or boiled and fried both. While in a hurry or when you have limited veggies, you can enjoy this Maggi. It is a great evening or dinner meal during the chilly winter season. So, bring these ingredients and wear the chef cap for one of the easy to make Maggi recipes.
Ingredients: 2 spoons of finely chopped onion, 1 spoon of finely chopped capsicum, 1 egg, Salt – As per taste, Butter – 1 Spoon, and 1 Maggi Packet.
How To Make:
- Put the onion and capsicum in 3 cups of water and cover for 5 minutes so that they soften up. Keep the flame high.
- Now open and check if they have softened up.
- Now put some salt in it followed by Maggi.
- Let the Maggi mix with the veggies and completely soften.
- Now put the Maggi Masala in it and that mixes break the egg and give a nice stir.
- Cover for 1-2 minutes so that the egg cooks.
- If you don’t want your Maggi soupy, then let the water to dry up a bit more.
- Put in a bowl and put some butter before eating. You may put some chopped coriander leaves too!
- For the fried version, simply follow the same way as mentioned in the previous recipe.
Soybean is healthy and tasty both and I love my Maggi with it. As a morning breakfast, you can enjoy this lovely Maggi with your roommates. If you woke up late on a weekend and feeling lethargic to cook for yourself, then this “easy to make” Maggi recipe is perfect for you. Enjoy it while binging on Netflix.
Ingredients: Soybean – As much as you want it or 10 pieces if you are going for the bigger ones and half cup if you are opting for the granules. Salt – As per taste. Coriander leaves – 1 spoon finely chopped. 1 Packet of Maggi. Butter or Oil – 1 tsp. Cheese – optional.
How To Make:
- Take 3-4 cups of water and bring it to boil. Put the soybeans in them and let them soak it for good 10 minutes.
- Now rinse the soybeans properly in cold water and squeeze them well.
- Keep it aside in a bowl and sprinkle some salt on them.
- Take a pan or wok and put some oil/butter and put the soybeans in it.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
- Now take 2 cups of water and boil Maggi and once softened put the Maggi Masala in it.
- Put the stir-fried soybeans in your Maggi and sprinkle some coriander and grate the cheese if you want.
- Enjoy your Maggi!
May Maggi never leave our lives and plates! These were just 3 easy to make Maggi recipes and I will post some more Maggi recipes soon. Also, keep checking this space for more interesting recipes!