Food is the source of energy which keeps us healthy and alive. It doesn’t take time to eat as long as it takes to cook. Cooking again is a long process. Firstly, you have to decide what you want to eat, what is good and healthy to eat, what food items to avoid, etc. Then you have to walk or drive up to the market or place an order online. Finally, when the raw vegetables, fruits, and spices arrive, you have to clean them before cooking or eating them. In our modern day living, where most people prefer to stay away from family, nuclear family, in the hostel, etc. knowing the art of cooking is necessary. And more than that, knowing the easy to cook recipes or 5-minute food recipes are essential. Many a times it happens that after returning from office, you still sit back late to work on your laptop and then either you order food from outside or simply have nothing to sustain you.
This 5-minute food recipe would surely help you to stay fit, healthy, and satisfied. Now 5 minutes doesn’t literally mean that these recipes are prepared within the exact 5 minutes. These recipes are hassle-free and thus you don’t have to stand for long hours in the kitchen. Just count two whistles, give a churn in your mixer, or wait for the microwave to turn off – your dish is ready to give you energy!
Another important tip lies for those staying alone: Make a habit of bringing your weekly vegetable and fruits stock and keep them safe in your refrigerator. During the weekend evening, chop your vegetables like carrots, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, etc. and keep them in airtight bags that retains freshness. That way, your 5 minutes recipes would become faster!
Oats & Veggie Khichdi
Khichdi is a famous Indian dish made with rice, lentils, and veggies. Veggie stuffed oats khichdi can be eaten during breakfast, lunch, or dinner and it is one of the healthiest food recipes.
1 cup Instant Oats, 1/2 cup Moong Dal or Split Yellow Lentils, 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil, 2-3 Cloves, 2 inch Cinnamon, 1 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/4 tsp Hing or asafetida, 1/2 cup Onion Chopped, 1 tsp grated Ginger, 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, 1/4 cup Carrot Cut into small pieces, 1/4 cup Beans Cut into small pieces, 2 tsp Peas, 2 tbsp Corn, salt and pepper to taste.
- Firstly, heat the vegetable oil in a pressure cooker and one by one drop cumin seeds, cloves, and let the lovely aroma fill in your heart.
- Now add asafetida or hing and let it splutter for a few seconds.
- No add the grated ginger and onion fry until onion turns luminous or golden brown.
- Now add oats and the lentils followed by 4 cups of water, all the chopped veggies, salt, pepper, and turmeric powder.
- Pressure cook the Oats and Veggie Khichdi and wait for 1 whistle in high heat followed by 2 whistles in low heat.
Serve this tasty and healthy dish with a drop of butter or ghee.
Jumbo Veggie Omelet
Eggs are amazing! In boiled form or poached, or fried, or baked – nothing can come near to the soft and smooth taste of eggs really. So, if you are also an egg fan, then sometimes you can prepare a jumbo veggie omelet to sustain you all through the day! The egg white contains Vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat than the yolk. Eggs are also rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper.
All you need is 2-3 eggs and all your favorite veggies. 1 and a half spoon of all veggies like carrots, cabbage, broccoli, tomato, onion, tomatoes, coriander, and mushrooms/paneer, 2-3 garlic cloves, some salt and pepper, and oil for frying.
- Take 1 and a half spoon of all veggies like carrots, cabbage, broccoli, tomato, onion, tomatoes, coriander, and mushrooms/paneer.
- Also, take 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Now give a nice mix of salt and pepper. Put some oil on the frying pan and let these veggies lose their raw smell.
- In case you like your veggies crunchier then don’t fry them much.
- Whisk 2-3 eggs very well in a bowl.
- Keep the veggies aside and pour half a spoon of oil or butter and pour half of the egg on the pan.
- Let the bubbles disappear and then spread your favorite veggies into it.
- Finally, cover the veggies with the remaining eggs.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
Enjoy your amazing omelet with your favorite beaten coffee, orange juice, or ginger tea.
Cake In A Mug
Sometimes all you need is a nice chocolate cake! But as you stay alone, preparing a whole half kilo cake would be a waste of your time and energy both until and unless you have called guests or friends at your place. And the craving for a chocolate cake is something that can arise at 3 A.M, at night. So, this is the recipe to help yourself.
All you need for this cake in a mug recipe are – 3 tsp of all-purpose flour, choco chips, milk, vegetable oil, 2 tsp of cocoa powder, 1/4th tsp of baking powder, and 1 and a half tsp of sugar. Vanilla extract is optional for you which you must use in case of inclusion of egg in the recipe.
- Take a 12-ounce microwave-safe ceramic mug put the dry ingredients first which are flour, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Then pour the liquid ingredients like milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla (optional).
- Now stir in the choco chips.
- Put the mug in a microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Remember not to overcook the cake and let the cake cool before jumping into it.
Lentils & Veggie Soup
Lentils should not be missed from your regular diet chart because they are not only tasty but have all the required proteins that can keep you safe and sound. Be it brown, green, yellow, red, or black — any type of lentil is low in calories & rich in iron and folate. They also have health-promoting polyphenols and may reduce several heart disease risk factors. A bowl of lentils and veggie soup would be a perfect dinner for you.
½ cup lentils (masoor dal), 1 cup of carrots sliced in ½ inch pieces, ½ cup of green beans, 1 cup of celery, 3 medium-size tomatoes cut into pieces, half inch ginger in thin slices, ½ tsp turmeric and pepper, 1 and a half tsp of salt. (1/2 cup masoor daal can sustain 4 people) For seasoning: 2 tsp clarified butter (ghee) or 2 tablespoons oil, ½ tsp cumin seed, ½ tsp garam masala.
- Firstly, wash the masoor daal and soak it in 2 cups of water for at least 1 hour. Because by soaking the lentils increase in volume.
- Now heat 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker on medium high heat and pour the lentils followed by salt, turmeric, black pepper, ginger, carrots, green beans, celery, and tomatoes.
- Now close the pressure cooker and as the pressure cooker starts steaming turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Mix daal or lentil well and in case the lentil is thick, add some warm water and check the salt content too.
- Now for the seasoning, heat oil, ghee, or butter and add cumin seeds and garam masala in it.
- Once it splutters, remove from heat and pour it over the lentils.
Greek Yoghurt With Berries & Nuts
Greek Yoghurt is yummy and also has many health benefits. This recipe can be taken in the morning or night as per your choice. All you have to do is mix your favorite berries and nuts in Greek yogurt. This is a nutritious food recipe that has all the essential amino acids that help in building muscles and fiber to prevent blood sugar. Don’t forget a handful of walnuts in this recipe for that omega-3 fatty acids.
All you need for this recipe is a packet of Greek Yoghurt, berries of your choice, nuts that you like, and some honey.
Take 1 cup of plain Greek Yoghurt and prepare 1 cup of mixed berries and 1/4th cup of nuts and mix them well. In case you feel to have it sweeter, add a dash of honey.
Try these quick and easy recipes and in case you have your recipes, then feel free to share with us.