Blame it on the photo perfect abs of the guys in a movie along with the toned stomach of girls in glam business or sports! Everyone seems to be completely smitten with the concept of a flat belly. However, due to increasing work stress, limited or no physical exercise, obsession with fast foods and other factors, people are slowly getting obese. To make things worse, stomach, thighs and upper torso are the few areas where this stubborn fat gets accumulated easily. No doubt, you have been training hard in a gym, following a strict diet plan and are taking an active part in all the required weight loss programs but nothing substantial has been achieved so far.
If you have really wished for a flat belly but have always ended up with half results, Yoga is surely going to be a major “transformation mantra” for you. Moreover, the Indian poster boy of Yoga, Swami Ramdev with his flat toned belly has given real hopes to people. Let us embark on this challenging yet achievable mission of obtaining a flat belly with these beneficial Yoga postures.
Cobra Pose (Bhujang asana)
Try out this effective Yoga posture for strengthening your abdominal muscles and offer relaxation to your lower back. A perfect exercise for people who want to cut down their belly fat along with toning down their stomach.
- Lie down on the mat or rug with your legs and stomach touching the ground. Ensure that your legs are stretched out and your hands are placed front on the ground.
- Now, inhale slowly and lift your chest or upper torso from the ground as much as possible.
- Hold onto this position for around 20 seconds and then return to your original position slowly.
- Try to perform three to five repetitions of this posture while simultaneously increasing your time for maximum benefit.
Careful tip- Avoid this asana altogether if you are suffering from a back injury, hernia or happens to be a pregnant woman.
Wind Easing Posture (Pavanamukthasana)
This posture is extremely helpful in toning your abs and relieves pain in your lower back. The impactful Yoga posture will help in toning down the hips and thighs. It is also found useful for improving stomach health and metabolism. Further, the pressure exerted by knees on stomach helps in triggering the fat burning process around the abdominal region.
- You need to lie flat on your back and keep your legs stretched out with heels touching each other.
- Now, bend your knees slowly by inhaling air and bring them to your chest till your thigh touches your stomach.
- Hold your knees with your hand by locking down the fingers.
- While inhaling, try to touch your chin or nose tip on your knees. Hold on to this position for about 20 to 30 seconds. Based on your capability, you can stretch it further to 1 minute.
- Exhale slowly and release your knees while resting your head on the floor. Now, bring your hands to either side of your body with the palms facing the ground.
- Return to the normal position of Shavasana (lie straight) and repeat 3 to 5 cycles each day.
Boat Pose (Naukasana)
It is one of the most impressive yoga postures that can guarantee you a flat belly along with several other benefits. The boat pose is particularly great for abdominal muscles and tones down your legs and arms also. In this way, it is a complete body workout.
- Lie down on your yoga mat in a supine position (face upwards) with feet and arms beside your body.
- Now, take a deep breath and lift your chest off the floor while you are exhaling. Simultaneously, raise your feet off the ground and keep your arms straight with your fingers outstretched towards your toes.
- Ensure that your eyes, fingers and toes all lie in a single line.
- This position will cause strain on your stomach muscles due to contraction, so remain in this position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Regain your original position by exhaling slowly and lowering your legs and hands.
Careful tip: You need to avoid this asana if you are suffering from low blood pressure, severe headache, migraine or spinal injury. It is also forbidden for pregnant and menstruating women.
Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
Resembling the bow in appearance, this Yoga posture is said to be helpful in strengthening and toning down the ankles, thighs, groins, chest, spinal cord and various other abdominal muscles. Bow Pose or Dhanurasana is especially effective in reduction of belly fat and weight. The posture is also helpful for women who experience grave problems during their menstrual cycles along with fighting constipation and stress. One of the interesting aspects of this asana is that it helps in trimming down the waistline.
- You need to lie down on your stomach on a mat by keeping your legs stretched out and placing your arms on the sides.
- Bend your knees and take your arms back to grasp your feet or ankles.
- Slowly inhale and lift your head back while bending your body to form a bow like a posture.
- Remain in this position for at least 15 to 30 seconds with deep breathing.
- Now, finally exhale the air and return to your original position. Don’t forget to perform five repetitions of this effective asana for getting maximum advantage.
If you are truly committed to achieve a flat belly and reduce belly fat in an effective manner, find spare time for these helpful Yoga postures. They are not only easy to perform but can also give you wonderful effects which are hard to be achieved by those regular crunches and exercises in a gym. So, believe in the power of this ancient India treasure known as Yoga and transform your everyday life completely.